About Midwest Barista School
Coffee Business Education and Training
The Midwest Barista School (MBS) is not just a barista training school. It's a complete training experience run by successful operators and will show you how to open a coffee shop. MBS is one of the finest professional barista schools in the country and provides a one-to-two trainer-to-student ratio in a limited class size with JP's coffee business' profitable operations since 1993 as our credentials.
Learn How to Open a Coffee Shop - Using Ours as a Business Model
Jack, Sherry and the MBS trainers bring real-life systems, day-to-day operational experience, years of assisting new coffee business owners to create, open and operate their businesses. We believe our ongoing successful operations make MBS the most relevant, the most valuable experience of any barista training school. The methods we emply in teaching others how to open a coffee shop are effective. The tools we use to teach students made our JP's Coffee the successful business it is today. By attending one of the Midwest Barista School's courses, you will gain the benefits former MBS students testify about when learning about starting a coffee business.
The Midwest Barista School (MBS) exists to educate and train people in coffee and business. The foundation of MBS is JP's Coffee & Espresso Bar in Holland, MI, a high six figures a year espresso bar in a town of 35,000 people. This has been accomplished by a commitment to serving customers the best in product and service in an atmosphere that keeps people coming back.
A Variety of Information, from Espresso to Learning to Coffee Bar Systems to Finances
Our Educational Classes in espresso, learning barista techniques, business financing, creating a world-class staff, Coffee Bar Systems and more teach the "how's" and "why's"; our Hands-On Training gives you the experience. Together they equal the start of a solid foundation for you and your staff, one you can build on and replicate as long as you own your business. Without accurate knowledge and proper training, success can be difficult, if not impossible to achieve. MBS will provide you with current and relevant information and train you to apply what you learn.
Consider these facts when choosing where to train:
- Our instructors work in and on a coffee bar everyday.
- We provide a one-to-two trainer-to-student ratio.
- We have put literally thousands of hours into the creation and perfection of our in-house operating and training systems.
- We have hired and trained hundreds of employees since 1993 and our average staff time of employment is spproximately 5 years (staff retention is critical for successful operations).
- We have helped numerous businesses open through our barista school's consulting.
- We have guided many existing coffee bars to improve the quality at and sales volume of their businesses.
- We are involved with the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America), the "Coffee Fest" trade show, Specialty Coffee Retailer magazine and are dedicated to continuous improvement in all of our processes and systems.
Get your training from MBS!
Our system will give you a foundation that enables you to compete in today's market! See class and signup info >>